Monday, January 23, 2012

+

+

For as long as I can remember I have had a 'Grandma' Doris, who I love dearly. She has been neighbours with my family for over thirty years. And although strictly no relation whatsoever, she has delightfully filled the role of Grandmother and continues to to this day. Proving that sometimes you can indeed choose your family.

In the same way, Cohen and I have adopted an extra Mother in law. Gratefully appropriating my sisters lovely Mother in law, Clare, into our little family. Now, as Doris was to me, Cohen also has an extra Grandmother. And I have a kind, supportive and thoughtful 'Mother in law.'

Above is a little 'thinking of you' package she sent me recently.

Do you have special people in your life you've adopted into your family?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...