Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Christmas Craft - Ornaments

+
+
+
+
+
+
+

In keeping with my decision to create a loving, memorable, handmade, but simple Christmas this year, while taking the pressure off my pregnant self, this ornament kit from the variety shop sneakily came home with us. Right under the children's noses. I had every intention of putting them away until after the first of December. I even hid them in the linen closet. But I can not be trusted with craft supplies. I make promises to myself about knitting, sewing and wool too, then quite often break them...

I revealed the little project to two delighted children, as a reward for good behavior. Cohen was especially impressed, while Emerson was just as happy to paint herself, as per usual. Why not? She seemed quite pleased with them when they were finished though, and kept dragging a chair over to the kitchen to look at them while they dried.

I think they are just beautiful, even if it felt like cheating to buy the whole project in one box. I'll be writing their names and the year on the back, and hope to be hanging them from the Christmas tree for many years to come. 

$3 well spent I think.

-

Don't forget to enter the Handmade Christmas Giveaway!

-

You might also like to check out -
DIY gifts for guys
Air-dry clay ornament tutorial
Embroidered Napkin Tutorial
Christmas Decoration Tutorials
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...