Wednesday, October 29, 2008

35 weeks pregnant and counting...

We had parenthood classes last night, so no time to craft or play with my new fabric and ribbon. Instead we were swaddling and dressing dolls. I am now about 35 weeks and last night I noticed for the first time that bubba had the hiccups! He is running out of room, but I can still feel his feet, elbows and hip as he wriggles and stretches.
We have been busy lately shopping for prams and car seats, getting the nursery organised, washing his clothes, having a baby shower and generally getting ready for the big day.
I thought the clothes line full of baby clothes was so cute! My neighbour thought I had lost the plot! I was excited - she reminded me that I will get over that after a couple of weeks of washing!!
The nursery so far...
Darling mother and I made the curtains from some fabric we found at Spotlight, the chest of drawers was mine when I was a baby, I found the high chair at a baby fete for $20 and my sister brought me the hanging Ikea shelves. My little softies have found a home on the chest of drawers.
The change table is another Ikea purchase, the cot was a $33 bargain from e-bay, the rocking chair was given to us by one of my beautiful friends, the knitted blanket on it was my first attempt at knitting something other than a scarf, I painted the branches and birds on the walls - I was trying to find a cool stencil but ended up free handing it instead.
The picture on the wall is a Van Gogh print that we brought from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. Van Gogh painted it for his brother Theo's first born son and it hung above his cot. Hubby and I both loved it and posted it back to Australia, then it sat in a cupboard until I fell pregnant and we had it framed. I love it!
A big thank you again to all my lovely family and friends who made the baby shower such a great day and were so generous. Not to mention my sister and my mother, who went all out organising the food and drinks on the day. Anyone for dessert...
These are the little thank you gifts I gave everyone. I found the cute little boxes on Pink Frosting's website and filled them with tissue paper and chocolates...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...