Monday, October 20, 2008

On My Desk...

On my desk... are half of a pair of little shoes I have been making from an old magazine pattern for a friends baby, but I have run out of bias binding to finish the other half of the pair!
I have also been making recycled fabric bags out of old pillow cases I found at the op-shops, I love the yellow and orange in the fabric! My beautiful mother gave me a huge box vintage buttons and a box of ribbon and ric-rac that belonged to my Grandmother, so I have been carefully sorting and wrapping all the cool vintage ribbons on to cardboard. As a result of having many buttons and lots of ribbon I have taught myself how to make ribbon flowers and have been stitching these on to the bags with the "A little bird told me..." tags that I have also just made using iron on T-shirt transfer paper. If you want to make your own ribbon flowers I have found a great ribbon flower tutorial here - I do it a little differently, but it will only take you a couple of goes to work out how you want to do it.
Now to pick another type of ribbon....
And make something with them...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...