Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday...

It was so warm today that I felt sure Winter had forgotten that her time is not yet over. How to remind her?
Spring it seems has pushed her way to the fore and with her come blooms in our garden.
And while it is wonderful weather to wash the babies clothes (which just get dirtier and dirtier as he gets older!) it does mean I am already missing a few things, summed up wonderfully by Michelle here. I too want more time for scarves and soup, before prickles and flies.
But in the spirit of the weather I donned a Summer dress for my weekly trip to the Farmers Markets.
I love the atmosphere of the markets, the lively and humorous stall holders, the relaxed crowds, the fresh local produce...
and of course the price too. Today my calico bags were filled with bananas, strawberries, parsnips, two lettuces, mushrooms, broccoli, apples, capsicum, celery, onions, potatoes, zucchini and free range jumbo eggs all for $21. Do you go to Farmers Markets?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...