Monday, February 1, 2010

The last stitch...

I am afraid my photography skill or lack of has been severely tested today!
A finished mustard throw, a brown lounge and an overcast day do not seem to add up to a great photo. So you will have to trust me that it looks nice laying over the lounge, and it feels so snugly and lovely being 100% wool.
It is such a great feeling too for it to be finished, ends woven in, and ready for some cool weather.
The design reminds me of snakes and ladders and the pattern is very simple and only requires two stitches;
Row 1- Ch odd no. to desired width, plus ch 3. Turn.
Row 2- 1 Dbl crochet in fourth ch from hook, 1 Dbl crochet into each chain until end. Turn.
Row3- Ch 3, 1 Dbl into first stitch and 1 Dbl crochet into each stitch until end. Turn.
Row4- Ch 4 (counts as 1 Bbl and ch1), 1 Dbl crochet into third stitch, Ch 1, miss next stitch, 1 Dbl crochet into next stitch, Ch 1, skip next stitch, 1 Dbl crochet into next stitch. Continue until end. Turn. Ch 3.
Repeat Row 2 - 4 until desired size.
-
As this is the first pattern I have ever written I hope it makes sense and welcome any feedback. I think this would look great in stripes of colour as well...
-
Edit: I used a 5.00 mm crochet hook and 10 balls of 50 gram 8 ply wool for this project and my finished piece is approximately 100 x 80 cm.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...