Monday, March 22, 2010

With a little help from my friends...

For the first time yesterday afternoon, Daddy took Cohen on a play date with friends and left Mummy at home to do as she pleased. Having spent the past 15 months with Cohen by my side on all be a few occasions, it is still such a strange feeling to be without him. I thought of the perfect distraction...
With my time alone I finished this crochet hook roll in about and hour and enjoyed getting back to my sewing machine to make something for myself.
I had a little helping taking photos of it this morning. Even the cat wanted to be in on the action, pushing a paw in to the last photo.
I have been wanting to make a roll like this for my growing crochet hook collection for quite awhile. I have seen some lovely ones around and I was inspired by Amy's choice of fabric for her crochet case. I made the roll without a pattern, using three fat quarters from my stash and
letting the fat quarters be the guide for the size. It was so simple and quick.
If anyone is interested in a tutorial for this project let me know and I can write one up with the next one I make.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...