Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Creative Space...

In my creative space today is a book my Mother gave me, Vintage-Style Quilts. It is such a lovely book and I would be happy to have almost every piece from it in my house. I am particularly fond of Button Quilt. I love the simple vintage style and of course the buttons.
I thought of making it in a single bed size for Cohen, but I can just imagine him pulling the buttons off. I contemplated making it without the buttons, but I think they are a large part of my attraction to the quilt. So instead I will make a queen bed size quilt for the guest bedroom. I have started a little pile of fabrics and look forward to adding to them. It is one of those projects that I am excited about, but I'm also in no hurry for.
The hook has been at work too, on another ripple cot blanket and the beginnings of a bear.
The pattern is from the Kids Crochet book and is my first crochet toy. Wish me luck!
More Creative Spaces here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...