Tuesday, September 28, 2010

+

+
I tried my hand at making mulberry jam. The results of my first batch resembling a mulberry coulis and the heartbreaking second offering, burnt mulberry toffee. Who knew jam making was fraught with such difficulties? At least the coulis can be saved by the addition of vanilla ice cream.

I think perhaps I should have been boiling without stirring? And a saucer test means that a drop of jam will cool on the saucer and you should be able to push it with your finger and it will wrinkle. I also think I should not be tempted to walk away while the jam is boiling... Important things to have known pre-jam-making.

Fortunately I still have enough mulberries for one last attempt. Have you ever made jam? Do you have a fool proof recipe?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...