Tuesday, November 9, 2010

+

+

+

Thank goodness for baths I say. Nothing else seems to relax both Cohen and I as much as the quiet that bath time generally involves. It's a time for talking too, a time to reconnect and a time for laughter. Cohen loves a warm bath and a few toys. He splashes around safe in the knowledge that I will be sitting beside the bath the whole time. He knows I will always smile back when he looks at me in amazement after making a new discovery. Like, look Mum, I can drink bath water from my  toy boat, or look Mum, I made all the bubbles float up to this end of the bath. And I love being able to share his new discoveries. I love that he wants to share his amazement.

I'm so grateful for this time in our day, especially after a difficult day with a headache that just wouldn't budge and my patience being tested time and again by a little one who throws everything, even throwing his toys at strangers. 

If only he enjoyed getting dressed as much as he enjoys having a bath...

-

I brought some lovely Panda Cotton today, crochet washers and a glass of wine await.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...