Monday, November 15, 2010

+

+

It was a joy to spend some time in the sewing room this weekend. Cutting, pinning, sewing and quilting. The picnic blanket incorporating Kitty's vintage sheeting fabric is all but finished. The stripy binding needing only to be hand stitched, then the blanket is ready for use on the next picnic outing.

The binding is a Spotlight find that I've had my eye on for awhile, waiting for the perfect project. The wadding was the exact width I needed, but had a little more loft than anticipated, making a cushiony soft blanket that you could sleep under, just as well as sit on. However, quilting a rather thick 1.5 x 1.5m project on my little Jem Platinum Janome sewing machine was a difficult endeavor. The backing is a sweet vintage sheet from my stash, in the same tones as many of the fabrics incorporated.

I'm really happy with how it's turned out and will share more photos soon. An excuse for more picnics, if ever an excuse were necessary.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...