Friday, January 14, 2011

+

+

+

+

+
(Photos taken by Dave on his way to work.)

My thoughts and concerns are with all my fellow Queenslanders during this tragic time. Those who have lost their lives and their loved ones. Those who are still unaccounted for. Those who have lost their houses, businesses and possessions. Those who are without electricity and supplies. Those who have experienced many anxious hours. Those who have begun the clean up effort and those who are volunteering to help. 

I'm grateful that my family and friends in Ipswich, Toowoomba and Brisbane are all safe. I'm grateful for the stories of survival and kindness. I'm grateful for my family and friends who are volunteering with the SES, or helping locally. I'm grateful to have been able to take in a friend affected by the flooding. I'm grateful for those who are selflessly making donations. I'm grateful for the ways communities are banding together and supporting each other and I hope we can all hold onto a little bit of that spirit for as long as it takes.

There are so many ways to donate, volunteer and help
Please join in any way you can.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...