Friday, January 21, 2011

+

floorboards_picnik

I so enjoyed reading your additions to the lists on the last two posts. And I'm grateful too.

Sometimes I need to remind myself, if I'm feeling unappreciated in my role as mother and house wife, of the satisfaction to be had in the small things. Of the worth of my job. The significance of my role. And the importance of doing something for myself, in honor of my identity.

I make time each day to either read, write, craft, photograph or catch up with friends. I'm as at home with making play dough, as I am with reading classic literature. I enjoy watching children's films with Cohen, as well as watching foreign films myself. I love being surrounded by my family and friends, as I love being surrounded by fine art. And my role as mother, wife and home maker is important. It is challenging, enjoyable and satisfying. And I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

But maybe, like me, you also need a little reminder sometimes?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...