Saturday, March 12, 2011

+

I couldn't resist sharing a few more pattern pages with you. I particularly love the ones with the notes in the columns and the sweetly posed ladies and those delightful props. ( I want that hat and phone, please!)


+

+

+

+

I have uncovered the occasional vintage knitting pattern book while thrifting, hidden amongst their more modern counterparts. They are usually priced between 20c and $1 each. I've also noticed that Ebay generally has a few from the 40's and 50's if you are interested in adding to or starting a collection, though they seem to be priced at around $10 each. 

The internet has thousands of free vintage knitting patterns available too. Ravelry seemed to be the most obvious place to start, though goggling 'free vintage knitting patterns' returned 386,000 results! These are a few of my favourites - Skiff Vintage Knitting Patterns, Free Vintage Knitting, Knit Heaven and this beautiful cabled cardigan at Vintageous

Do you have any great resources for vintage knitting patterns?

Now, to continue practicing my knitting...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...