Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Creative Space...

+

+

+
+

I awoke this morning to the sound of birds calling in the rain. Small arms wrapped around my neck and a kiss on the nose from my cheeky boy. Moments like these make it particularly difficult to get out of bed I find.

The sun is now shaking off the clouds, Cohen is playing with the box from the new laptop and I am musing over the productivity in my creative space of late. There's been new pieces of jewellery emerge from my bench of course. Then there is Cohen's sweater in progress. There has also been another fourty crochet flowers completed in preparation for my sisters wedding. And when I'm tired, or unfocused and know that concentrating on a cable pattern may be increasingly difficult, I have been simply knitting back and forth on a baby blanket, inspired by these found on the Purl Bee.

And although I've been feeling like I haven't achieved much lately,by  taking a moment to reflect on all that's been happening, suddenly I feel quietly satisfied. Especially given that we are staying with family while we are between houses and I am without many of my possesions or normal routines.

Perhaps adding to that feeling of satisfaction is the fact that our offer has been accepted and we now have a contract on a house, pending all the usual suspects. All being well, we will be setteling into our new house in a month of two, after a few renovations. Very exciting indeed.

-

More Creative Spaces here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...