Wednesday, December 21, 2011

+

+

+

+

+

The wonder of Christmas lights. Cohen is awestruck by them. While they remind me of my Grandfather. It's strange how people and things can be linked in ones mind this way. But Christmas lights remind me of my Grandfather. Which reminds me of his sayings, his handwriting, his jars of sweets. The way he wrote his initials in the front of library books so he'd know he'd read them, his leather shoes and long socks. His Maple leaf lapel pin from Canada, his handsome wedding photo, the wonderful way he would read us stories. My Grandfather was always a big part of our Christmas when I was growing up.

And while I celebrate with my family this year, we shall drink a toast to those no longer with us and the wonderful memories that remain.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...