Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Creative Space

Finished cabled vest 1

Finished cabled vest 2

Finished cabled vest 3

Finished cabled vest 4

It's been almost a year since I knitted my first ever garment, a vest for Cohen, and posted it in 'My Creative Space.' Hooray for recording such moments through blogging. The differences between these two vests amaze me. From miscounting my stitches on that first vest, and making the vest too large, to learning how to calculate a smaller chest size than the pattern offered, so that the cabled vest fits Cohen now. Or crocheting around the neck for fear of picking up stitches, to picking up many stitches around the neck and arm holes to make the ribbing. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with how this little vest turned out and how much my knitting has improved. I also think a three year old in a vest is a pretty cute thing, though I may be biased.

I'm feeling inspired for the next knitting challenge...

Pattern: 'In the family', Vintage Knitting Book
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills Rustic Wool 8ply, Green Tweeed

-

More Creative Spaces here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...