Sunday, April 29, 2012

Thrifty, crafty, rainy days

Op-shop finds

Op-shop finds

Fiona's kerchief in progress

Sock yarn

When our plans for fruit and veg shopping at the markets were washed out yesterday, my sister Fiona and I undertook a little wander through a craft shop, an op-shop and an independant fruit and veg shop instead. My goodies from the day included a cute hand knit baby cardigan for $3, a vintage knitting pattern featuring men in hand knits discussing a riffle (thrown in for free), a bundle of lovely old covered hangers for $2, a white (wool storage) basket for 50c, some great old Tupperware in perfect condition and $2 a piece, as well as wool for two new projects. 

I couldn't wait to start playing with the Noro-like Moda Vera yarn, casting on another Age of Brass and Steam kerchief yesterday afternoon, this time for Fiona. I am enjoying watching the colours unfold with each row. High on my to-do list is learning how to knit socks, which meant of course that I could justify buying the Noir sock yarn above, given it was reduced from $12 to $5 a ball. Another project added to the queue...

Any thrifting, crafting or rain for you this weekend?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...