Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sewing for toddlers

Toddler aprons

Toddler aprons

Toddler aprons

Toddler apron gift

The toddler apron I made for Cohen's second birthday has proven to be one of the most successful things I have stitched for him. From imaginative dress ups, to helping me in the kitchen, it sees play most days. The neck band is elasticated and the waist strap closes with velcro, so that he can put on and take off the apron himself. Two of Cohen's friends are celebrating their third birthdays. I'm hoping that an apron of their own, and some cooking implements made for little hands, might be just as enjoyable for them. 

I sewed these up over two days with fabric from the stash while the children slept. They are gifts for boys, so I wanted something masculine for the little chefs. I used Cohen's apron as the pattern, though the original free pattern can be found here. The only problem was that the whereabouts of the velcro eluded me. I'm quite sure I did have some... I used buttons instead. Hopefully these boys also share in Cohen's fascination with buttons.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...