Monday, June 4, 2012

Knitted cozy

Hot water bottle cozy

Hot water bottle cozy

Hot water bottle cozy

My first knitted cozy, for the approaching cold nights of Winter. It looked much too small as I knit it. I persevered somewhat nervously, hoping it was just the cables making it appear so. Thankfully, once blocked on a full hot water bottle, the cables relaxed and the cozy took shape. The colour change was unintentional. The navy yarn, had been a remnant of a previous project. When I ran out I picked out another left over yarn. I quite like the colour blocking though.

Next time I would knit the bottom band in 3x3 ribbing, or else use a size smaller needle, as I think the band ended up being a little too big.
Needles: 5 x 3.25mm dpn's
Yarn: Left over Bendigo Woolen Mills 8 ply Wool
Thrifted: vintage snaps and leather buttons
Pattern: Seamless Hot Water Bottle Cozy, free Ravelry download
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...