Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

I'm savoring 'The Great Gatsby.' I'm pleased I chose it for book club this month. The research I've undertaken to form my questions for the evening has brought with it a new level of appreciation for this gem of a novel. I tend to read quickly. And having read this book several times before I'm even more prone to hurry though it, though still enjoy it. But I have been forcing myself to slow down, re-read those poetic sentences that catch my attention, enjoy the details, the references, the moods. I find each time I read a book it seems a little different, because I am different. I bring a different self to the reading, with new experiences and knowledge. And with really good books I find it is like reacquainting myself with an old friend. That's what reading 'The Great Gatsby' feels like. Do you have books that feel like old friends too?

I am still knitting two rows a day on the cardigan I mentioned last week, but I have also picked up this raglan baby sweater again, which had been sitting in the bottom of my knitting basket waiting to be sewn up and have the stitches picked up for the collar. Having accomplished both of those tasks quickly last night I'm not sure why I was putting it off, as completion is now only an inch and a half of ribbing away.

-

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...