Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn along

I cried as I finished reading 'The Book Thief.' What a remarkable book. I look forward to our book club discussion. I have also finished kitting my first sock, which is baggier and uglier than I had hoped. It is still a great learning project though, that will make for a pair of warm bed socks at the very least. I cast on the second sock, then put it down after knitting several rounds of ribbing in favour of adding a few more rows to my cardigan.

I started and finished reading  'The Sunday Philosophy Club' this week, after being inspired by Greer. (My local library lists the genre as 'Cosy Mystery,' rather than 'Mystery Fiction'. I can't help but find that both amusing and charming.) I started on 'The Story Sisters,' but have since picked up the second and third book in the Philosophy Club series and fear that 'The Story Sisters' may get put to one side for awhile, much like the second sock.

What are you reading, knitting or making?

-


Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...