Saturday, August 4, 2012

Loving Brooches

Brooch mosaic


L-R: Typewritter brooch, Polaroid Wood Brooch, Cute Red Fox Brooch,
Geometric Deer Brooch, Sleeping Cat Brooch, Geometric Bear Brooch,
Lady with a bird, Mini Book Pin,White Summer Cloud Ceramic Brooch.

In my head the way I dress is a reflection of my self and my tastes. Ideally, my clothes would be a selection of vintage dresses, hand knitted cardigans, funky tights, beautiful hand bags and glamorous heels. A little like this lovely lady. (Oh, how I would love to raid her wardrobe.) And while this is true to a lesser degree, the majority of the time I can be found wearing dark jeans, an assortment of coloured flats (perfect for chasing a toddler), vintage inspired tops (that I can breastfeed in) and a collection of new and thrifted cardigans (occasionally handknit) with a simple black nappy bag (that was sporting a brooch, from the Gallery of Modern Art referencing Margritte that read, "This is not a Badge." Until it fell off and was lost.) 

My budget rarely accommodates the labels I once loved. So, in order to add a little more 'me' to an outfit I rely on my collection of handmade shawls and scarves in Winter, and year round, my collection of brooches. I love brooches. I have many. Antique, vintage, handmade, simple, complex, heirloom brooches. The brooches above are my latest favourites on Etsy. 

Are you a brooch wearer? How do you express yourself with what you wear? What is your style? 
Are you like me, where the ideal and the reality are not quite the same?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...