Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

This is my third stripey garter stitch baby blanket. I always have one on the go now and add to it here and there, between projects, or when my concentration is lacking. I have made one for a friends little boy, one for Emerson and this blanket in progress is for friends who are expecting. 

Handmade blankets seem to be my go to baby gift and I'm a bit addicted to stripes. I love the simple look of these blankets, which were inspired by the Purl Bee's 'Super Easy Baby Blanket.' I use 8ply wool and 4.5mm circular needles and cast on 100 stitches. Then I simply knit stripes using either 50 or 100 grams of wool for each stripe. These blankets also make for perfect car crafting, as I don't need a pattern and it requires more time than actual concentration. Whenever Dave is driving I throw this project into the nappy bag and try to add a few more rows. 

I have been reading 'Sister' by Rosamund Lupton. It is next months book club book. It's a lot darker than the books I generally choose myself. I find that after reading it for awhile it puts me in to a strange head space. I'm not very good at distancing myself from the characters and it's quite emotional and depressing. I shall need something a little lighter after this. 

Any suggestions?

-

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...