Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yarn Along

Reading and knitting...

I took your advice about the magic loop method of knitting in the round. I unravelled the sleeve and ordered 100cm long circular needles. Unfortunately, the needles arrived from the UK before I had finished knitting the hot water bottle cozy I've been working on. Thus, my dedication to solely knitting the cozy gave way to my eagerness to attempt the new method. You were right though. I believe I am a magic loop convert. Now that I have confirmed this I intend to finish the cozy, less there be further distractions...

I sought out The Happiness Project after seeing it mentioned on Jodi's blog. Though usually one to shy away from anything that sounds corny or self-helpy, I had heard other good things about this book and Jodi gave me the gentle push I needed. I'm still still in the midst of the first chapter, but I am already enjoying it and looking forward to the rest of the book with anticipation. The 'Secrets of adulthood' in the first chapter include lessons we can probably all relate to, such as - 

People don't notice your mistakes as much as you think.
Most decisions don't require extensive research. 
Bring a sweater. 
By doing a little bit each day you can get a lot accomplished. 
You don't have to be good at everything. 

I have already placed a hold on Gretchen Rubin's second book, Happier at Home, through our local library. (They don't even have a copy yet. It's 'on order.' I am, however, already fifth in the queue. A positive sign that it's a good read?) I found an excerpt of the new book here. 

Have you read The Happiness Project? 
Do you have a happiness project of your own?
What are you reading or knitting?
Are you a magic looper?

-

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...