Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekending

Outside and in

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

We went fishing this weekend, for the first time since we've had children. I had high hopes of bringing home a bream or flathead for dinner. It was quite different to the old days though, where we would pack lightly and sit alongside each in quiet conversation, laughing at ourselves as we threaded blood worms or yabbies on hooks, snagged those hooks on rocks or logs, and occasionally surprised ourselves with a fish. This time we juggled the children's necessities along with the rods and bait, and conversation was interrupted by an excited toddler and an unsettled baby. I managed to hook one small bream, which darted away as soon as I returned it to the water. Our bait was continually taken, but we caught nothing else. I do believe there were some well fed crabs that night! 

The overcast days this weekend were perfect for gardening. There is always something to do in Spring, which suits me perfectly, as I love pottering in the yard. Seedlings to be planted on, tomatoes that need re-staking, new additions to plant out - in this case a hydrangea and a Hans Christian Anderson azalea - and of course, weeds to to be pulled. 

Blogtoberfest begins today. A post a day for the whole of October. 
Bloggers, are you with me?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...