Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn Along
Yarn Along

Frankie mag

Monday afternoon I found my frankie magazine waiting in my letter box, which is always a joy. This time though there was something a little bit extra special about my frankie. This issue has an embossed cover, featuring an endearing collection of embroidered images, to celebrate the 50th issue. To complete the cleverness, the inside cover features the back of the stitching (which is very neat I must say.) Upon my first excited flick through, the magazine fell open to a story about one of my favourite bloggers and her darling family, Kate of Foxs Lane. I had been wondering in recent times if perhaps I was growing a little too old for Frankie and if I would continue my subscription. I think they may have won me back.

In terms of knitting I have been flicking back and forth between the In Threes and Camilla Babe knits for Emerson.  I have also been day dreaming about knitting this farmer fox softie pattern as her Christmas gift, though I wonder if my skill level is up to the challenge. Or if I would have it knit in time. Perhaps for her first birthday in February?

I'm really excited about the Handmade Christmas Ornament Swap. Thanks to all those who have signed up. If you are still thinking about it, you have until Sunday to add your name to the list. All the details are here.

-

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...