Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Yarn Along

camilla babe

camilla babe

Baby knits are so forgiving. Knit them too small and they make wonderful gifts, knit them too large and they just get put away a little longer. So shall be the case with this sweater. Intended for Emerson next Winter, it may be a Winter or two after that before she wears it. I had read a few comments on Ravelry about this pattern knitting up a little big. But I was shocked this morning, after weaving in the last end, to realise that the twelve month size I knitted actually fits Cohen. He turns four in two months.

Oh well, like I said, knits for little ones are so forgiving. I enjoyed knitting it and I'm pleased with the result, despite the size. I do believe I will knit it again. Though next time I will aim for it to be a lot smaller and a little longer, by adding an extra fan repeat at the bottom.

In terms of reading this week, Happier At Home is still the first book I reach for when I have a few moments, though those moments have been a bit scarce.

And you? What are you crafting or reading?

-

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...