Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

A row here, a few stitches there, the In Threes nears completion. Even in small doses I find knitting can be quite the balm for a case of toddler fatigue. (My oh my, some days these soon to turn four year olds are very hard work.) This little cardigan shall be wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree alongside the Camilla Babe, the book Extra Yarn and a Dragonfly Toys wooden squirrel puzzle for Emerson. (I think they have sold out of it, but it is this one.)

I am also close to finishing my book club book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night- TimeA work of fiction, the book reads as a murder mystery written by a fifteen year old boy with autism. Christopher, the protagonist, is an endearing character. I have read that some readers were disappointed that the novel is not really a murder mystery at all, as the victim is in fact a dog and it is clear quite early on who the killer is, before Christopher uncovers this piece of information himself. In the process though he uncovers further mysteries which change the course of his life. I find it is quite a clever and subtle book. Perhaps not to all tastes. But I found it to be engaging and a little heartbreaking at the same time.

What are you creating or reading?

-

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.
Ravelry.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...