Saturday, February 16, 2013

Stitch. Read. Covet. Blog.


Stitch: This adorable crochet pattern, the Sunshine Day Afghan, has been a long time favourite of mine. I'm inspired by (and if I am honest, also a little envious of) Alicia's creations and soft palettes. Not only can she stitch such beauty as this, she is also a more than capable knitter, quilter and embroiderer. (Her embroidered ornament patterns are another favourite.)



Read: Oh Penguin - much loved purveyor of the old orange spined classics that always, always come home with me from op-shops - I think you have done it again. Penguin Lantern has just released a collection of cookery classics by the likes of Maggie Beer, Matt Moran and Stephanie Alexander. Yum!


Covet: I am under the illusion that one can never have enough notebooks. Journal keeping, garden diary, blog ideas, knitting notes, to-do lists. Tucked into your bag, popped on a pile of books beside the bed, slipped in to a pocket. And a beautiful notebook is doubly a treasure. I have just discovered and fallen in love with this collection of French Papier Tigre notebooks. I think I might need some...


Blog: Another creative talent who often gives me pangs of creative and lifestyle jealousy, while simultaneously entertaining and inspiring me, is the lovely Greer at typically red. Greer cooks and knits with a joy you can sense through her photography and words. She writes smoothly and honestly about her life in Southern Highlands as a working Mother to three adorable girls. And if you visit before the end of next week you could enter A Very Woolly Giveaway too. (I know I couldn't resist buying Emerson a bumpy bonnet for her upcoming first birthday.)

-

This post has not been sponsored in any way. The above are genuine items/people/blogs that I am loving.


Care to share your own Stitch. Read. Covet. Blog. in the comments or in a post of your own?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...