Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

I am so pleased with how these cushions turned out. One each for the children for Easter. They came together entirely with materials from the the stash (which of course makes them feel free). I made the cushion inserts from a heavy white cotton and stuffed it with a spare cushion that has been sitting in a cupboard without a cover. Cohen wandered in to my studio as I was stuffing the poly fill in to the cotton covers. 'Clouds!' he exclaimed and threw little tufts of poly fill up in to the air. 

Thank goodness for children's books with large fonts. I began reading Little House in the Big Woods for Cohen. When he lost interest I kept reading it myself. I was a fan of Little House on the Prairie as a child, and re-visiting Laura Ingalls Wilder as an adult brings with it new perspective and inspiration. The book is so simply written, but has a charm and romance all of it's own. I'm dreaming now of a log cabin and a sugar snow.

 What are you knitting and reading?

-

Joining in with Ginny.

-

Don't forget to enter the Berlin Roses Giveaway.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...