Sunday, June 9, 2013

23/52

5252

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013." Che and Fidel.

Cohen: He, with painted arms. Such sweet concentration.
Emerson: She, with painted face. Such simple joy.

This past week it feels as if Emerson's growth has been matched by Cohen's regression. My dear little girl now walks more than she crawls, 'talks' oh so much more, climbs as if it were the most natural thing in the world to spend half the day standing on the dining room table; unaided, and understands twice as much as she seemed to last week. While my dear Cohen attention seeks, argues and exhibits double the jealousy as ever before. 

So, I am picking my battles, reminding myself that this too shall pass, taking care to stop and actually sit down to have a cup of tea, or leaving Dave to bath them both while I pop to the shops - alone. 

And when my two little dears play together beautifully, I am breathing a sigh of relief and enjoying the sibling love.

-

Two of my favourites from last week - oh, those eyelashes and that chocolate smudged face.

-

Today is the last day of my 9ct Yellow Gold Pearl stud earring giveaway!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...