Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bored housewife?

+
+
+
+
+

As I type this flecks of paint are drying on my arms, a multitude of colours, matching the art work the children are making beside me. The clothes line is full of laundry, the floor is swept, the beds are made, the kitchen clean, calls to suppliers made, and two of the three of us are out of our pajamas (babies look so cute in onesies.) Musing over my cup of tea, the notion of the bored housewife leaves me wondering. I find there are never enough hours in the day. Raising children, keeping house, sustaining friendships, taking time out, reading for book club, gardening, preserving, crafting, budgeting. And then there are the many projects  in my head vying for attention. Knitted socks, crocheted cushions, a gallery wall of favourite photos in the stairway. I often have to remind myself that the time will come. But bored? Hardly! Blessed? Indeed - despite the many frustrations that come with parenting.

Now, you will have to excuse me. We are off to the park, then there are client jewellery repairs to be finished, baths to be had, dinner to be made and rows of knitting to be knit. But first, to clean up all this paint and change the baby.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...