Sunday, September 8, 2013

36/52

+
Workshop helper keeps herself amused... :) #notwhatimeantbyboxinguporders
"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013." Che and Fidel.

Cohen: The artist at work. So serious and thoughtful, painting a memory special to him.
Emerson: My studio assistant keeping herself amused.

I'm quite late to the party today with my 52 portraits, but I was determined to make it here nonetheless. I like to follow through with the challenges I set myself, though it may mean little to anyone else but me. It's nice to have those satisfying routines built in to my week. And I'm pleased to say, of the 36 weeks that have passed this year, I have only missed one set of portraits - after my eye surgery.

Oh, the little changes that happen each week, that add up to so much change. The little details that mean so much and are so easily forgotten. Outgrown clothes. New words. New responsibilities. Greater skill. Each little change reminds me just how quickly they are growing and how short the years are. I must remember to keep my camera closer to hand this week.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...