Friday, September 13, 2013

Of shopping and sisters - DFO

+
+

I love going shopping with my twin sister. We have similar tastes, we chat the whole time and she helps me with the child wrangling. Most importantly though, she will tell me with complete honesty if something I try on looked better on the coat hanger than it does on me. And given our similar sense of humor, you will often find us laughing in the change room.

I have previously tried taking my husband with me. He lacks patience and humor when it comes to shopping. Actually, I'm quite sure he is intentionally difficult so that I think twice before inviting him again. Thank goodness for sisters. Last weekend Fiona, Emerson and I popped in to DFO* Jindalee after visiting the Brisbane Writers Festival, while Dave and Cohen were off fishing. I managed to pick up a new pair of jeans, a striped shirt and a singlet from Factorie for $50, as well as some beads and hair clips from Equip. Fiona found herself a bright, fun Summer handbag from Equip for taking to University with her. (Unfortunately the photos don't do the colour of the bag justice.) Meanwhile, Miss Emerson slept most of the time in her pram, worn out by the festival.

Who do you go shopping with? Do you prefer to go alone? Is your husband more interested in shopping than mine is? 
Do you catch up with a friend, or do you grab your sister and go as I do?

-

*This post was brought to you by DFO, but my opinions are my own. DFO is a well known destination for leading Australian and International brands at up to 70% off. DFO Jindalee is located at 16 Amazons Place, Brisbane. Open 7 days, 10am - 6pm. You can find their website here and they are also on facebook.

A big thanks to DFO for the opportunity to be a brand ambassador for the next few months. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...