Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Weaving Tutorials for Beginners

Weaving tutorials
L- R: Purl Bee, Branch Weaving, Matchbox weaving,
Stone weaving, How to weave, Facecloth,
Beginners, Learn how to weave, A Sampler.

Are you a bit fascinated by weaving? I am! I love all the different yarns and textiles, the patterns and textures and the decorative and practical applications of weaving. I've noticed a lot of weaving in the blog worlds recently and I feel that it is nearly time I tried my hand at it, having not attempted to do so since primary school. If you are after some weaving inspiration, Pippa from Ouchflower makes the most lovely weavings, and entering #weaving into Instgram reveals a myriad of beautiful yarny over-and-unders that will make your heart pitter patter a little faster, particularly if you are a knitter with a collection of left over bits and pieces... I have put together this little collection of simple weaving tutorials to get you (and me) started.

I think these would make a great school holiday craft. I will be sorting through my yarn ends and practicing a bit of weaving with my five year old one afternoon soon. I shall be sure to share our results. 

Will you join me?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...