Monday, January 19, 2015

Rainy Day Mushroom Prints

Cohen's prints
My prints
Emerson's prints
Serious business

A nature walk after days of rain revealed quite a few mushrooms, and the children collected them eagerly. They may have been edible for all that I know? But unskilled as I am in these areas, we consigned them to art and not dinner, just to be safe. Together we painted them, or pressed them in to an ink pad, and stamped them on to our paper. The effect was interesting, and my big and middle children were engrossed in the activity. Emerson could not be discouraged from sitting upon the table to complete her masterpiece.

What fun it is to play, experiment and encourage my children to look at the world and create with the things they find around them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...