Thursday, February 5, 2015

This is the Good Life!



This has been my mantra for the past week - This is the Good Life! 

It's something I relate to so strongly right now. 'This' is where I wanted to be before I got here. This is what I have been working towards. It's not a fluke. It's not just luck. It's the culmination of my choices and hard work. There was a time when all I wanted was to learn how to make jewellery. There was a time when we thought we may not be able to have children. There was a time when we were fed up with house hunting. And here I am, a jeweller, a mother of three, in my own home. While I will always strive to keep learning, improving, growing, this IS the good life right now. Not tomorrow, not next year, right now. It's so good to take the time to appreciate that.

Just keeping this mantra at the forefront of my mind brings me a level of calm, acceptance and gratitude that fills me up and enables me to deal with the trials and tribulations of ever day life. I choose to look to the positive, guard my psychological health from negative people, and surround myself with love and support. I choose to be the kind of person, wife and mother I want to be, and I forgive myself if I don't always reach the lofty goals I set for myself.

I have my loved ones, my health, my home, my work, my passions, all the things I need and many of the things I want.

Yes, this really is the good life.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...