Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Yarn Along




I've been listening to an audio book once again, while adding rows to this garter stitched cot blanket. Not my usual choice of novel, 'The Rosie Project' was a book club obligation, and one that took me awhile to warm to. It's been wildly popular, apparently, so you may not like my assessment of it. I really wanted to love it. A friend's Nana recommended it to me with such joy at a children's party, and it sounded wonderful. But I just couldn't. It is still not my kind of book. I can't put my finger on what it was exactly - the predictability, the cliched rom-com moments, the make-over? Parts were charming, as was Don, the main protagonist. Though I found elements of his character difficult to digest. I enjoyed the idea of a neurologically diverse novel, though I wondered at the accuracy on several occasions. 

There is a follow up book, but I have decided to leave it to the adoring fans and find something else to knit to. 

-

What have you been reading or knitting?
Joining in with Ginny
On Ravelry here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...