Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Good, Good Things


A four leaf clover I found on the walk home from school today - I am planning on pressing it between the pages of a library book, so that someone else may find it by chance.

The Australian Ceramics Open Studio program runs this weekend (15 & 16th August 2015). Potters all over Australia are opening their workshop doors and inviting the public in to see them at work, join in workshops or buy handmade table and home wares. I love ceramics and pottery, and am slowly replacing my mass produced store brought kitchen and table ware with beautiful handmade pieces! I am hoping to visit Rachel and Stephanie in Clayfield. 

A wonderful read for expectant Mothers, new Mothers and even Grandmothers - The Kindred Collective has released their first e-magazine with the theme of Birth. A beautiful and moving collection of pieces written by writers you will recognise. If there are two things I love, it is hearing others birth stories and talking about my own. Find a comfy chair, a patch of sun, a cup of tea and perhaps some tissues, then settle in to read these heart felt words. (A percentage of the profits go to the Hamlin Fistula Hospital.)

A scrap book of images of Composition books owned by famous artists. I write in Composition books on a daily basis - I write my Morning Notes in them and I have another one for jotting down ideas for photo shoots, collections, market displays etc. (I buy mine here.) They are cheap, classic, lined journals without that pressure you can feel when putting pen to paper in a 'nice' journal. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...