Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My Word For 2016


We've returned from our holiday and I have photos and stories to share in the coming days, but before the New Year gets too far behind us, I wanted to share my word for 2016.

Rather than resolutions, I've embraced a single word for the year, as a reminder, inspiration and promise to myself. My word is NURTURE - nurturing myself, my marriage, children, family, friends, home, creativity and business. The word graces the fist page of my diary and is chalked across the black board in our kitchen, so that I am reminded daily. I'm committed to asking myself 'Will this nurture me/them?' - be it food, possessions or activities - 'will it nurture the way I want to live?' 

I settled on 'nurture' after reading this article and discussing with my sister the questions and points it raises. Fiona has also adopted 'nurture' as her word of the year, so that we will keep each other accountable. What could be more powerful than identical twins on the same mission?! 
Because nurturing myself typically comes last, I started the New Year with a relaxing facial, my first ever eyelash and eyebrow tint, and a new skin care regime. I splurged on a cleanser, which I now follow with 2-3 drops of Sukin Rose Hip Oil, and essano Rosehip Moisturiser, followed by sun cream and make up in the morning. This simple, deliberate, daily cleansing and care of my skin already feels so much more nurturing and respectful to my skin, and is inspiring other changes in my daily routines. 

I'm looking forward to sharing more of  my discoveries over the course of the year.

Do you have a word or a resolution for 2016? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...