Monday, October 27, 2008

Craft show...

On the weekend I went to the very busy craft, bead and quilt show at the Brisbane Convention Centre. I paid my $16 entry fee and walked into the fray... I really wasn't expecting there to be so many people there! It was crazy. So many stalls. So many different types of craft. So many women! It was difficult to get to see much as my time was limited - hubby having dropped me off and then headed off to wait at the men's creche (aka a pub) - and you needed to line up to get a look at some of the stalls. I zigzagged my way around the hall and during my travels I found two stalls selling fat quarters for $3 and $3.50 each - yay - so I brought the seven pieces below. I also found a stall that was a celebration of all things ribbon and braid that had its very own ribbon printer! Oh, the possibilities! Where does one get one of these? I decided I needed some ribbon printed and the lovely lady set up the text on her laptop and started printing the ribbon below for $2.95/m. Suddenly a crowd gathered to watch and ask questions and I was elbowed out of the way! When it came time for me to pay the stall holder couldn't find me amidst the crush of intrigued women! Sadly, they had no business cards left, what to do when I want more ribbon??!!
I found these tiny buttons at a doll making stand and couldn't resist. How cute are they?
After the fair hubby and I went up to Mount Tamborine to check out the craft stores on the gallery trail and to have ice cream. I love the scenery and the houses in the hills. I could live on the mountain no problem at all. Meanwhile these seven softies are waiting to be sewed up...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...