Thursday, October 23, 2008

I love op-shopping...

Yesterday I went to my local $2/craft shop because I ran out of red thread. I also found these cute buttons for $2 and these rolls of braid for, yep, $2 each and three rolls of ribbon for $2.50. There are three op-shops in walking distance and I scored the blue ric-rac for 0.20c, blue bias 0.20c, vintage "no darn" thread 0.30, 2 x funky green napkins for $1.40, a 0.50c tea towel (top right - burnt orange and yellow trees - love it! Use it or cut it up?), $1 fabric remnant with green and blue cherries - how cute is this?, and dark blue strip pillow case for $2. I was very excited by my little haul! I also spotted this teapot/teacup and saucer set for $2. Perfect as a birthday present for my funky English friend! How cool is that? :) So yesterday and today I have been doing the chores and making softies. I have finished the second rabbit and three black cats!!
Stitching up the rabbit... Rabbit waiting for stuffing and arms!
Both Rabbits finished and with clothes ... and shoes!
The three black cats...
This is Mr. Mieowgee...
This is Miss Mieow...
And my favourite... Kit.
Was really excited to have these little guys finished. I want to look into selling them and their friends some where. Etsy? A craft shop? The markets? Any ideas?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...