Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On My Desk...

Unfortunately dedicated crafting space is in short supply at my house. I have my sewing machine set up on an antique writing bureau in the guest bedroom, the drawers of which are filled with fabric, scissors and threads, but there isn't much room beside my machine. As a result my craft tends to travel around the house, from the dining table, the coffee table and the kitchen bench. Last night it was the coffee tables turn.
I finally got to play with my $2 shop and op-shop purchases!
I began by putting this button and ribbon brooch together. I saw the idea in a library book and I keep adding to it until was happy. Cute?
I was also inspired by some beautiful blogs I saw yesterday I thought I'd make some more pin cushions. I made this felt, my first ever pin cushion a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since. Before that my pins were just in the little plastic box they came in!! Last night I made these two pincushions...
Yay once more for op-shop fabric!
The second one is made from two beautiful squares of fabric my sister gave me, which were left over from a quilt she made. So cute and so easy - I just stitched them together, stuffed it and rummaged around in the button collection mum gave me and found these cute buttons. There's a button in the middle of each side squishing it together.
So many buttons, so little time...
My crafting urge was not completely satisfied, so I played with some more fabric covered button bobby pins as well before bed... hmmm, more spots...
Check out who else is playing On My Desk here...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...