Saturday, November 15, 2008

First signs of Christmas...

There are signs that Christmas is on it's way again... 1. The shopping centres have hung their decorations already and are stocking their shelves with all things Christmissy. 2. Those Christmas Hamper ads are back on tv. Groan... 3. Summer is gearing up to offer all the joys and discomforts essential to an Australian Christmas Day. 4. But most importantly... the first Christmas beetles are here!
As a child I knew Christmas was on it's way with the arrival of these un-coordinated little beetles. To celebrate their coming to my flyscreens and window ledges I decided to make my first ever felt decorations.
Hello cookie cutter, felt, buttons, ribbon and thread...
With your powers combined... funny little gingerbread man decorations!
And while I am show-and-telling, they say good things come in threes... and here are another three finished softies as promised...
This is Blossom the Piggie... I now want a dress like this myself! Fabric purchase still being put to good use...
This is the softie I will be sending to the Mirabel Foundation, as she has no buttons or chocking bits, she is all machine and hand stitched up...
And she has a cute Japanese print skirt...
This is Sweetie Kittie. She is feeling very summery and is thinking about going to the beach with her other Kittie friends...
Not sure that she will get in the water, being a cat and all, but I'm sure laying in the sun is on the cards... There are still five more softies waiting for attention...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...