Sunday, November 16, 2008

Melbourne envy... courtesy of my sister...

It's raining, it's pouring...
My beautiful twin sister Fiona came to stay last night. Hubby was at a concert, so we had the house to our selves for a girls night in, possibly the last one before bub comes. Needless to say there was conversation, wine (though only a little bit for me), sharing of photos and just generally catching up. She brought over her photos from a recent trip to Melbourne with a friend for the wedding of two other wonderful friends. Here are a couple of the pictures she took that I loved...
A photo of their photos just printed at a photo booth...
The old and the new...
Boats at St. Kilda...Louise Bourgeois "Cell (Glass Spheres and hands) at the gallery...
"Bimbo Deluxe" cafe... Hi Fiona... Strange sign... "NO ROAD"... um, ok M.C Escher inspired wall at a cafe... How very cool is that?
Cool ceiling, at the library? And this is my wonderfully cheap and tacky souvenir... I love it! So today we hung out and checked out some shops. I got an early birthday present as I accidentally fell in love with this bag, and was able to justify it's use as a possible nappy bag once bub has come... How cute is all that stitching? Fiona also brought me another birthday present - subscription to Mixtape zine... yay!
Other treasures were found in a costume jewellery shop... again, able to be justified as I have not been buying clothes while pregnant...
It is now raining and pouring, Fiona has headed home and I have been sitting on the couch relaxing and making button hair clips...
All in all, I have had a great weekend, I hope you have too...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...