Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gocco love...

I had begun to give up hope of my new Gocco arriving before my birthday, then a white van appeared with a man carrying a box... Open box, pull out everything, look at instructions, throw down instructions, jump in car, buy blank cards, photocopy some drawings from my sketch book, go home, make coffee, start playing at kitchen bench... Use all available space to put cards and envelopes once drying racks are full...
Gocco love... how cool do they look all lined up like this?
I think I had a fairly good success rate, especially for my first attempts at Gocco printing... (this is a week of firsts, maybe the baby will come today or tomorrow...) Trial and error I learnt when to re-ink and how much pressure to apply. It was fun, I haven't done any printing since we did etching and lithography at uni.
So here are a couple of my first designs, a drawing of a dried lotus head and of a statue that I brought in Greece... printed on to cards and envelopes. Have found the envelopes worked better as they weren't shiny like the cards. Will need to do more card shopping...
What do you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...