Friday, November 27, 2009

One little fish went out one day...

Yesterday, birthday money in hand and a closet bereft of Summer clothes, I headed to the shops. While I had ever intention of buying a Summer dress or two I sort of happened to buy Pip's wonderful book instead... I did buy two tops as well and then of course things for Cohen... as soon as we got home I poured over the book and started on a pair of navy linen yoga pants for Cohen. Now I just need some elastic...
Also, I have some wonderful mail to share. This yard of sweet Lecien fabric was won in an Octoberfest giveaway courtesy of the generous Ruth. There are a few project in Pip's book that would look great in this fabric...
-
Somewhere in Melbourne some one would have found a brand new orange rubber fish that was dropped by a sleeping baby. When we went to the Aquarium in Melbourne we brought Cohen the fish equivalent of a rubber duck. Bright orange with white stripes ala Nemo. Cohen was squeezing and biting and hugging and smiling at his rubber fish until he fell asleep and suddenly it was gone. I was saddened by it's brief stay with us, we had been laughing at his antics with the fish and imagining him playing with it in the bath and it making friends with the rubber ducks and other bath toys. Poor fishy. I thought is was gone forever. I thought there was to be no more bright orange rubber fish in our lives.

Hubby called the aquarium and paid for them to send us another one, addressed to Cohen. So the mail surprise promised by hubby was more for Cohen than for me but who wouldn't want such a thoughtful hubby and such a wonderful baby? Best presents ever.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...