Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The perfect Jem...

When I turned sixteen a part of my birthday present was a Janome Memory 7 sewing machine, which had belonged to my Mother. Thirty years ago the brand new Memory 7 had been instrumental in creating many things in it's time spent in her sewing room, from costumes to wedding dresses. In it's golden years the Memory 7 has been leading a slower life, creating softies and quilts.
When my Mother recently purchased a sewing machine from a friend it seemed not the least bit unusual. It would have been about the fifteenth machine she has purchased in her crafty life. I mean, obviously the lady loves sewing machines?
So when Mum said she had a surprise for me...
When she placed a Janome Jem Platinum 760 on the table...
When she started to talk about my upcoming birthday...
It still didn't click...
I know, a bit slow aren't I. But I really wasn't expecting a new sewing machine.
It has sunk in now.
Happy early birthday to me.
Happy early birthday to me.
Twelve years later, I have another sewing machine for my birthday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...