Saturday, June 12, 2010

+

A closer examination of a grape leaf. So very beautiful.

Cohen has the container of cotton reels and is tipping them out, putting them back, rolling them away, a bundle of them on his lap. The endless fascination.

My first giant granny square is finished and hanging over the rocking chair. I've started another one.

I have been thinking about the hexagon grandmothers garden quilt and I'm not happy with the green borders around the flowers. Now that I see it all together it is much greener than I had expected. Too green for a queen sized quilt I think. I will turn the assembled quilt top I have so far into a cot quilt and find a cream fabric to replace the green.
I'd first thought that I would make all the hexagons before joining them. I'm so glad of my impatience to start joining them now.
Sometime impatience comes in handy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...